RECENT CONFERENCE & SEMINAR PRESENTATIONS
Fostering Ocean Innovation in Canada through a Robust Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. Ocean Global Canada Seminar, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, October 2022.
Innovative and Sustainable Financing in Post-Covid Africa: Effective Strategies for Resource Mobilization. TFi4SD Summit, City University of New York, New York, United States, October 2022.
African Policy Innovation and the Political Economy of Public-Private Policy Partnerships. Balsillie School of International Affairs, Waterloo, Canada, September 2022.
Doing Business in Africa. Foreign Policy Research Institute, Philadelphia, United States, September 2022.
African Policy Innovation and the Political Economy of Public-Private Policy Partnerships. Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, September 2022.
The Shifting Global Economic Order: Opportunities and Challenges for Africa. HACSA Sankofa Conference 2022, HACSA Foundation, July 2022.
Accelerating Decarbonization of Africa’s Energy System: A Blue Economy Perspective. EIIA Fall 2021 Webinar Series. November 2021.
US-Africa Partnership in the Implementation of African Continental Free Trade Area: The Role of US Companies. Webinar Hosted by the African Centre for the Study of the United States at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. November 2021.
Harnessing PPPs to Optimize Public Service Delivery Post-Crisis: A Multi-Jurisdictional Perspective. EIIA Fall 2021 Webinar Series, November 2021.
Remaking Nigeria’s Federalism through Policy Innovation: Five Philosophical Questions. Speech Delivered on the Occasion of Nigeria’s 61st Independence Anniversary. Platform Nigeria. Abuja, Nigeria, October 2021.
Equitable Pandemic Response and Recovery in New York City. Keynote Address at the 2021 Economic Development New Zealand Annual Conference, Palmerston North, New Zealand, May, 2021.
- Biden’s Sustainable Infrastructure and Clean Energy Policies: Implications for a Green, Equitable Recovery in New York City. Infraday Infrastructure Summit, New York City, April 2021.
- Capital, Innovation, Trade, Health, and Education as Pathways to Prosperity in Africa, 18th CVL Annual Lecture, Lagos, Nigeria, February, 2021
- Towards a More Inclusive Economy, WRLDCTY, New York, United States, October 2020
- Economic Diversity, Regionalism, Globalization, and Inclusive Development, Scientific Sense Podcast, New York, United States, September 2020
- Economic Systems after COVID-19: Towards a More Resilient, Sustainable and Inclusive Recovery, IEDC Webinar, Washington, D.C., United States, August 2020
- Recessionary Shocks and NYC’s Economic Resilience,BDO USA/Barton LLP Seminar, New York, United States, February 2020
- Shaping the African Emergence, IDA Maroc/Amadeus Institute Conference, United Nations Headquarters, New York, United States, February 2020
- Canadian Trade Diversification with Africa: The Way Forward, Canadian International Council, ASG Meeting, Ottawa, Canada, May 2019
- FDI Attraction in 2019 and Beyond: Resetting Policy Priorities to Compete, Government of the Canary Islands FDI Training Seminar, Las Palmas, Spain, November 2018
- Trade, FDI and Sustainable Development, NCTIG Annual Summit, Abuja, Nigeria, November 2018
- Inclusive Economic Development, IEDC Annual Conference, Atlanta, United States, October 2018
- Future of Energy and Responsible Development, World Forum for FDI, Liverpool, United Kingdom, June 2018
- Trade, Carbon Pricing, and Canada-U.S. Industrial Competitiveness, World Trade Institute Brown Bag Seminar, Bern, Switzerland, June 2018
- Trade, Energy Policy, and Industrial Competitiveness, Annual REMI Users’ Conference, Charleston, NC, United States, October 2017
- Intra-African Trade, Financial Technology, and the Gravity Model: Turning the Tables, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Seminar, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, September 2017
- Collaboration, Global Trade and Investment, IEDC Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada, September 2017
- Living Well Together Tomorrow: The Challenge of Africa’s Future Cities, 14th Centre for Values in Leadership Annual Lecture, Lagos, Nigeria, February 2017
- Infrastructure in Africa: Needs and Opportunities, Annual Conference of the Canada-Africa Chamber of Business, Toronto, Canada, September 29, 2016
- Fiscal Transfers and Income Convergence, Department of Economics Graduate Seminar, University of Regina, April 2016
- The Defining Characteristics of Financial Management in the Public Sector, Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy Graduate Research Seminar, Regina, Canada, March 2016
- Nigeria’s Currency Crisis: Implications for Foreign Investments, Sprott School of Business Graduate Seminar, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, March 2016
- Wealth, Poverty, and Human Dignity, 13th Centre for Values in Leadership Annual Lecture, Lagos, Nigeria, February 2016
- Natural Resources, Energy Supply, and Economic Growth: What Does Diversification Achieve?, 33rd USAEE/IAEE North American Conference, Pittsburgh, United States, October 2015
- Where is Saskatchewan on the Laffer Curve?, Department of Economics Graduate Research Seminar, University of Regina, October 2012